Friday, August 17, 2007

Convenient Melancholy

Feeling utterly bored. And this is inspite of having so much work to do, so many things to set right and so many projects to manage. I had been wishing for some change all these days. Now that it has finally arrived, I have this ghostly cloud of melancholy always hovering over my head. It could engulf me at any time and let go whenever it pleases. Right now, I am totally surrounded. It is strange because I know I have no reason to lose cheer.
Yeah, it isn't boredom exactly - am just thoroughly disgruntled and conveniently melancholic. I feel this is the mind's tactic to evade responsibility, to resist change and remain conveniently stuck in the rut. It is another of its games targeted at derailing me. Never mind.Considering I have started working on establishing a fulfilling relationship with it, this should not come as a surprise to me. I never expected a smooth start. And I am not the one to give up either.

No comments: