Friday, June 22, 2007

My Sunshine Song

My tea's gone cold and I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all.....
the morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if i could it'll all be gray
but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad....

(Eminem -Stan ft. Dido)

The breezy lyrics of the feat (and the feat alone) apart, the thing I loved most about the song was the background sound of the patter of raindrops on the window sill, the sound of rain lashing on the road.... beautiful!

I almost felt like I was staring out of my window in the wee hours of a rainy morning, watching the raindrops dancing on the surface of the pond... hmmm

And this, at 2 am in the morning, when the day had tired me out... and I wrote this down: (Disclaimer: I don't claim to be a great poet. And it is upto you if you want to call it a poem. For me, it is the sunshine song.... my song....)

There's no sunshine smiling when I awake
The rain clouds keep him away from me
and I am wondering why i got out of bed at all..

The song in my heart is silenced
and the summer in me sings no more...
The morning tea's gone cold - it has been a while since I had it warm,
a while since you warmed it for me...

but your picture in my mind - it reminds me that it's not so bad, it is not so bad...
i know i can do without the sunshine
cuz your picture's warm - yes, your picture warms my heart...

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.