Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Clover and a Song

This terrible headache woke me up. I have been unable to get back to sleep. Feeling awfully restless since then. For lack of the mood to talk about better things, I'll talk about the week that passed.
It was a busy one, this week. The coming week's going to be busier. A presentation, a couple of applications, two vivas, two submissions and two projects is pretty much to do in one week isn't it? Provided moral support to a friend for her first job interview. Lunch was decent. I was told recently, quite contrary to what I believed, that I was not a very happy person. It seems to me now that it was prophetic more than factual. The usual cheer has been avoiding me for many a day now. The summer in me sings no more - more like a sore throat, actually.
The mind is again playing dirty tricks with me. Very well, two can play this game. My game however, won't be dirty. I play fair even if it is the most unfair enemy.
I am reminded of a painting - not very uncommon - depicting a scene of the great battle in the Mahabharatha. Krishna, the charioteer deftly holds the reins of five strong, brilliantly white horses, each running in a different direction from the other, while Arjuna aims an arrow at the enemy on the battlefield. Interpretation has it that the five horses represent the five senses, each running amok - wild and carefree and beyond the control of the being. One who gets a hold on them just as Krishna manages them with his reins so effortlessly, wins the battle of life.
So beautiful, isn't it? The Gita, the Mahabharatha, the Ramayana are oceans of wisdom. I wish I could partake of at least part of this wisdom sometime. It would make my life more fulfilling.
For now, I could do with a four-leafed clover. Yes, not all of them have only three leaves. If a four-leaved one shows itself to you, it means you are in very very good luck.
Yes, I need a four-leaved clover. Now.

No comments: