Monday, September 10, 2007

Luck - with strings attached!

I got a four-leaved clover today. On a tarot card. A group of friends were particularly excited about this one particular tarot reader on the net who apparently gave excellent predictions which "made sense". I was quite piqued by the (tacky) idea of thinking mentally about a question I need the answer for and staring into his "eyes" on the screen while he dealt me the cards. I tried it out and got a four-leaved clover as one of my first "sensible" predictions for the day.

Technically, I chose it but I would like to believe the card chose me - seems more clairvoyant and exotic. ;) (you know how these things work with the mind...) However, it turned out it wasn't such a good thing after all when it came "surrounded" by four other "negative" tarot cards. (I was supposed to choose five cards in all.) So the effect is supposedly negative. If it came with other negative cards, the explanation to the card said, I would have disagreements, fights and unpleasant experiences with loved ones. Hmmm... not so inaccurate after all. (The bit about unpleasantness and fights I mean...)

Further, it expressly mentioned, "surrounded by a bad card, you will have loss or disappointment." And as luck(?) would have it, the other cards were indeed "negative" what with coffins (sorrow, death of loved one), clouds (failure and associated despressants) and flowers ("you will get the love of Libran women" - not very pleasant when I'm a heterosexual woman myself, is it?) masking all the good luck.

Oh well, you can't have it all, can you? Thank God, I don't take these tarot cards too seriously. (Remember my earlier post about His gifts?)

I'm still intrigued by the Libran woman part though. Perhaps it assumed erroneously that I was male...

Music of the Moment: ay lets not kill the karma.... ay lets not start a fight.... (Beautiful Liar - Beyonce ft. Shakira)

No comments: