Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wishes and Rants

It is a close friend's b'day today. It has been almost four years since we met. It seems so long ago - as if it has been [FOURTEEN] years or something. As I spoke to her this morning, I realised how long a period four years is. And how much I missed her. And how much she means to me. This realisation had never hit me with such force.

Familiarity breeds contempt, they say. Distance takes you only that much closer. However, we never felt unfamiliar to each other this morning - not even for a moment. It was as if we hadn't missed anything at all. Yet, I missed her. Happy Birthday to you, my friend! May you have a wonderful year ahead. :)

It is another friend's b'day today. Happy Birthday to you too. I hope you have had a wonderful day the distance notwithstanding. :) Interestingly, these two friends don't share their birthday with each other...

Which reminds me. I hate these courier companies - they make "personal" communication so expensive. Remember how a couple of guys working from a garage brought down the whole ISD calls business and made it practically redundant? I hope the same thing happens with the courier companies too. Unfathomable though it seems now, you never know... *sigh*

And the internet... well... it is just the internet at the end of day. It forever lacks the "personal" touch. Or perhaps it doesn't. It is all in the mind I guess. I'm ranting away. Let me stop writing before I stop making any sense at all...

Happy Birthday once again, to all concerned...

No comments: