Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sunshine, Dementors and the Boys

Tough times are here again, professionally at least. A little bit on the social front too. And on the personal front, well..... all I'll say is that it isn't anything unexpected. Something not foreseeable surely, but certainly not unexpected. Smile and move on. A drop in the ocean...

Have been listening to this extremely catchy and cheerful number called "Sunny Came Home" by Sean Colvin. I absolutely love it! I guess I'll send it to someone just to spread cheer...
I close my eyes and fly out of my mind Into the fire....

Talking of cheer, I must mention that there's a pall of gloom descended on the halls of residence lately. People are either sad, worried, troubled, anxious, depressed, angry or irritable. It is pathetic how these invisible dementors, as I call them, feed on our negativities and banish all cheer and sunshine. Talking of sunshine, the sun glows in me no more, the spring sings in me no more...

Surprisingly cricket, of all things imaginable, provided the much needed respite from this ocean of melancholy. It was exciting, hair raising and absolutely thrilling to watch "the boys" demolish the Pakistanis with such relish. I am full of admiration for the young and enthusiastic new captain who clearly managed to infuse hope, team spirit and determination in the sad, beaten and haggard team ridden with politics, self-interest, thirst for money and craving for more advertisement contracts. The worth of the Big Three (or their absence) was refreshingly palpable in this victory. I was all "happy, happy!" after having successfully cast aside the shroud of gloom, fatigue and mental upheaval for at least a few hours during and after the match. Well done, boys! I sincerely wish this new enthusiasm and team spirit continues.

Oh, I had fever too. Somebody asked me what kind of fever that was. Well, where do I begin? :-P I had fever. Period. Temperature. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. I think I caught it from J - I spent a considerable part of the night in her room.

And I realised I positively dislike pushy and imposing mothers. Just a thought. I might be assuming. But a thought nevertheless.

I'll get back to my calling. It has been quite a while...

Music of the Moment: Aankhen teri itni hasee... (Maula Mere) by Anwar.

No comments: